Frequently Asked Questions

Some would say the claims adjuster is the most important role of the insurance industry, as the adjuster not only reviews the agreement made with the insured when they file a claim, but we are also the face of the insurance company and the one thing they will remember when they renew their insurance policy.
Building construction is just a small part of insurance claims. Our course is designed to give you the information needed to understand building construction and apply it to your daily job as an adjuster.
Independent adjusters are paid per each claim worked and are based on fee schedules determined by the insurance carriers.
Depending on your resident state, you may need an adjuster’slicense. If you want to work catastrophes that are in states that require a license you may need to designate a home state such as TX or FL, which are reciprocal with most states. However, a license alone does not qualify you as an adjuster since the license is not specific to property, auto, or liability. Typically, you may need to train under a seasoned adjuster to learn the trade/guidelines of an insurance company. Alternatively, a course such as our 9-Day Bootcamp, will allow you to learn the basics of property adjusting and potentially lead to a spot on our roster.
We are currently holding classes only in our Dunedin, FL location.
Much of our course is designed for the hands-on learner. While there are several hours of classroom lessons, we balance those with test claims and review of building material.
Several states such as CO, DE,IA, IL, KS, MA, MD, MO, ND, NE, NJ, OH, PA, SD, TN, VA, and WI do not require an adjuster’s license, but having a license is usually the first pre-requisite to getting on an adjusting firm’s roster. All other states that require a license will not allow a non-licensed adjuster to work claims except in an emergency capacity.
If you are a resident of Texas (or live in one of those non-licensee states noted above) the TX license is one of the most reciprocal of all licenses and through the application process you can obtain a license without an extra examination in all but only a handful of states (AZ, CA, HI, and NY).
If your state requires a license, you will be required to get your home state license. However, there is more to the information provided in our license portion of the course than just getting a license as we will discuss how this information applies to real world situations.
You will receive all aspects of your training by adjusters with 15+ years’ experience in property adjusting. All training is gearedto real life application of both the license and all other daily aspects of the career.
We care about our learners and our employees. All attendees and staff are monitored daily for fevers. Class attendees are socially distanced in our large training room which is segregated from other employees of our firm. Class attendees are welcome but not required to wear masks throughout the day.